It’s week 3 of the 2013 Music Therapy Social Media Advocacy month! The response to date has been overwhelming. I have seen:
- 23 blogs posts, 2 podcasts, 1 infographic, 1 music video parody, and 1 audio response to said music video parody;
- daily Twitter and FB shoutouts from musician Ben Folds;
- the creation of a “find a music therapist” resource page;
- countless RTs and shares of the posts with the #lovemusictherapy, #mtadvocacy, and #followmtweek; and
- an overall excitement and buzz about music therapy—which is perfect as we launch the 2013 legislative session!
Although this excitement and buzz is truly astounding and humbling to me, there is something missing . . .
. . . and it’s YOUR voice. YOUR reason why you #lovemusictherapy.
Even if you don’t have a blog or don’t feel you are active in social media . . . even if you are not a music therapist, but a colleague, client, and family member of a client . . . you read this blog. And if you read this blog, that leads me to believe that in some way, big or small, YOU #LOVEMUSICTHERAPY.
So why? What is your story? Why do you #lovemusictherapy? Whatever your reason, I invite you to email me, leave a comment below, or share your story on Facebook or Twitter (with the #lovemusictherapy hashtag, of course!). Let us know that:
I #lovemusictherapy because _________________________.
Let’s see how far we can spread the music therapy love this month. I look forward to hearing from you soon!