Many fascinating and interesting articles have emerged over the past month. A sample for you:
- The Music of Healing for Disabled Vets. Describes how a non-music therapist created a music training program at Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital. A feel-good story.
- Scary Music? Better Keep your Eyes Open. Closing your eyes enhances your emotional response to music (at least to scary-sounding music).
- A Systematic Inventory for Becoming an Orchestra Conductor. Mostly are linked to emotions and emotional needs. Interesting.
- The Effect of Music Therapy on Mood and Anxiety-Depression: An Observational Study in Institutionalised patients with traumatic brain injury. Another study supporting that music is a beneficial treatment for those suffering from a mood disorder.
- Can Learning to Play Music Help Kids Perform Better in School? An article describing the MIDI (Musical Instruction Develops Intelligence) for Kids.
- Music for Babies in the Womb. Hmmm…interesting. Offers concrete ideas and suggestions for the mom-to-be.
- Post-Op Opera: Music Helps Surgery Patient Recover. Describes how music can shorten ICU stays for post-op patients.